T&D's Landscaping and Lawn Care
Definition List of Landscaping Terms
- The process of putting holes in the ground to better penetrate the soil in order to circulate air, water, and fertilizer into the soil.
- Any chemical used to destroy or inhibit plant growth, especially of weeds or other undesirable vegetation. There are well over a hundred chemicals in common usage as herbicides. Many of these are available in several formulations or under several trade names. The varieties of materials are conveniently classified according to the properties of the active ingredient as either selective or nonselective. Selective herbicides are those that kill some members of a plant population with little or no injury to others.
- Adding grass seed to the whole yard or repair any damage area(s).
- Post-emergent herbicide:
- This process destroys weeds or unwanted grass after it has started growing in the yard and/or flowerbeds.
- Pre-emergent herbicide:
- This process destroys weeds or unwanted grass before it starts growing in the yard and/or flowerbeds.